Saturday 29 September 2007

Leaving on Tuesday!

"Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying 'One sows and another reaps' is true. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor." John 4:36-38

"You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. John 15:14-16


These are the Bibleverses we were reminded of when we left Hald on Friday. It's good to know that we are going to do important work for Jesus. I am glad the Lord has chosen me to to go to Madagascar, and I know that He will give me all I need.

Today I am feeling very tired and have mixed feelings. The past week has been quite emotional and tiring. We have had to say goodbye to our good friends at Hald, and I have not slept very much as an effort to be as social as possible when I have the chance... Now I'm at home and I have lots of preparations to do before the big journey in only 3 days. Not only preactical things, but also saying goodbye to friends and family here at home. I hardly have time to sleep, and when I try I'm so excited that I can't manage. And then I wake up too early!

I would really appreciate it if you could pray especially
-that I get to sleep so I feel fit when I leave Norway
-that all the prepararations will go well and that I don't forget anything important
-that the journey on Tuesday will be safe and smooth
Thank you so much! :)

Next post on this blog will be written in Madagascar! I will start posting as soon as I get settled and get a chance to go on the Internet. In the meantime I want to say thank you to everyone who's praying for me and reading my blog. I will try to keep you updated as much as I can. For the timebeing I can say that most likely we will be in Tana before Christmas and in Fandriana after. So we'll get to be both places!
Finally, I would like to share another Bibleverse that is helping me in these busy times: "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil. 4,13

Madagascar - here I come!

6 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I'm praying for you! I wish you only the absolute best. Can't wait to read your updates. I'm going to tell my bible study about your journey, too...so they can have you in prayer as well!!! God bless you :-)

Mr. Ukulele said...

This is just a slip of me mind. I know you can do it though :)

Inki and Ole Einar said...

Thank you Amy and Josh! It really means a lot to me! I think already our prayers have been heard, I slept really well last night! :)

Inki and Ole Einar said...

Thank you Amy and Josh! It really means a lot to me! I think already our prayers have been heard, I slept really well last night! :)

Anonymous said...

I think that everything is going to be allright :) I will send a word to our father above, and I cant waint to read about your jurney in madagaskar

Anonymous said...

Heisan!! Du e vel der nå? Du må hilsa t ein som hette Steinar som jobbe på skolen;) Han va lærer på folkehøyskolen min!!!:) Kos deg masse masse! Blir konge!!!:)