Wednesday 19 September 2007

Change in plans...

In 13 days I will stand on the airport and wave goodbye to the people I love. Norway will be left behind for a while. And today, less than two weeks before I reach African soil, I don't know what to expect... What I am going to pack for. Am I going to live in the industrial capital or in the small village without the resources I'm used to? The thing is that at this point, I don't know.



An email from Madagascar saying there is more need for us in the capital (Tana), is the reason for this uncertainty. There are several schools in Tana that need English teachers, and there are already many "foreigners" in Fandriana, who can take care of things there. So where do they want us? My teacher and the contact person in Madagascar are trying to come up with the best solution. Personally I think it is good to be needed, so I will go wherever is best for the program. And of course where the Boss wants me. Still, it's a bit stressing not knowing whether or not I will have electricity, water and other necessities. Time will show. For the moment I will just have to wait patiently, as the days pass by faster than ever before...

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

Well, wherever you end up, I can't wait to hear about it! You're going to have some amazing stories to tell us :-)