Wednesday 17 October 2007

The Adventure of the Mid-Week-Day

This is one example of an early ”out-of-bed”
My eyelids had slid open, many thoughts were in my head
I have to tell the story of the yesterday event
When Eline and her partner (me) to Tombontsoa went
We were so sick of white bread, so we wanted whole-grain flour
We took a bus and then a pousse-pousse, it took about an hour.
The pousse-pousse driver got so tired by pulling us up the hill
So we got out and walked beside him, time was standing still.
We gave him more than he deserved, we felt sorry for him
He thanked us very nicely, but I felt I’d done a sin.

“Where is the whole-grain flour?” we asked all the folks we met
We didn’t know how to rephrase it, that was fun – you bet!
They gave us the direction, we were ready to go far
We had to pass through cribs with cows, but we didn’t see a star (!)
Then suddenly we saw the house, it was so big and white
We asked a man if they had flour, though grammar wasn’t right
But finally he understood, he showed us what we meant
We were so happy and we laughed – this was a great event!
We paid him and we tried to say that we’d come back for more
He nodded, then we went away, so happy with our score.

Then we went back to Antsirabe, and guess who we did meet
Yes, all the people who are there, whose home is on the street
We gave them smiles, we gave them chips, ‘cause that was what we had
And then we walked away, although still feeling really bad.
When we got home we had to do our homework in the sun
When that was done we made our lunch and even that was fun!
The Malagasy teaching for today was good, you see
Now I can say a lot of things, my language barrier’s free (well, not yet really, but it rhymed…!)


Team Madagascar learning Malagasy

6 comments:

Mr. Ukulele said...

Yay ^^ all those rhymes!
Though were there no chimes?
It's been long since I read these last,
All the poems from the past.
You should not, however, feel sorry for those you knew,
After all, they did meet you.
Now, alas, I must be away,
I'll hand you flours another day, so, until our rendezvous...


Heh, that was more difficult than you made it out to be. You did good though, far as I could see. Good thing you found that shop, and can make the bread you want. Argh, it seems, I cannot stop... not at all that nonchalant.

Byee^^

Anonymous said...

I liked the way you made the text.. (rime.. husker ikke hva det var på engelsk :P )

Nice pictures

Mr. Ukulele said...

Hehe Einar, check my comment for the english term ;)

Eline said...

INKI!! min amie! Så koselig at du hadde lagt ein kommentar te mario, blei skikkelig glad! Har dåkk någe kontakt me ettåringene på Mada?
Kossen står det ellers te med gjengen? Eg måtte nesten le litt for meg sjøl nå når eg leste innlegget ditt om din og elines tur! Hehe, eg savne dåkk begge så masse!! Eg savne humoren vår ;) Håpe dåkk har det bra, tenke masse masse på dåkk!! Knib Eline

The Beasley's said...

I'm loving Ruben's rhyming. I can't compete with that :-) You're learning so much so fast...that must be really rewarding!

Joseph Opanda Namutala said...

it seems that you have become so adventourous. that was great-going to get the flour.