Thursday 17 April 2008

Cultureshock?

It's a bit weird being back in Norway. Here are the ten strangest things about being back:



* There are white people EVERYWHERE!

* And they don't look at you on the streets. Instead they stare at the ground, trying to avoid eyecontact.

* You don't have to bend down if you walk past people who are standing or sitting.

* You get strange looks if you point with your mouth

* Things are EXPENSIVE!

* I can eat whenever and whatever I like, and I can find everything I want!

* We can drink the water from the tap!

* The water is already hot; you don't even have to boil it!

* I can understand the whole conversation and I can say what I want to say without any difficulties

* It's COLD.



Madagascar is not forgotten and never will be. At the same time it's great being back at Hald and hearing stories from the other students.

At one point I felt I had really had a boring stay with nothing exciting happening compared to the others - but then Ola enlightened me by telling great stories from Madagascar that I actually took part in! I guess it had come to the point where life in Madagascar was the normal life, and not really so special. But now I realize that I've had a blast and experienced great things! Now I have to get used to living in Norway again...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its great that you are back :)
And dont worry, I bet you will get used to Norway again in no time.
It is still a bit cold here, but the summer is rigth around the corner :)

Mr. Ukulele said...

Hah, cold? No way, Im short-sleeved today ;)

Great that you are still blogging too! And yeah, I would be looking at you on the streets... You are a girl worth looking at anywhere :)

Good thing Ola made you realize what a great time you had! There will be more great times to be had in the future too, never doubt that :)

Did your crew enjoy Johnny?

Anyway, we'll talk later in the weekend, for now just enjoy it :)

Hugs!

mrs. marianne said...

The strangest thing is that you are in a country with internet, and you don't update your blog! Kom igjen! :)

Mr. Ukulele said...

Yeah, give us another one! And be quick about it ;)Itte helgå?
Snakkes :)

Mr. Ukulele said...

Did you kill your blog already ... ? Resurrect or make a new one :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Unknown said...

have a peek at these guys buy replica bags online More Help high quality designer replica navigate to these guys replica bags online